Jennifer Lynch wants to volunteer 2015-06-08 08:50:26 -0400
At Our Place Initiative, we love volunteers.
We rely on volunteers to achieve our goals, make progress in the community, and win important victories for our members and neighbours. With your help we can make our goals a reality and bring change to our community.
Our Place Initiative has three subcommittees: TRANSIT, ENVIRONMENT, COMMUNITY OUTREACH. You're welcome to come on board and join one of those groups - however, if that seems like too much commitment, you're also welcome to join us on a volunteer basis.
There are multiple ways you can get involved. Here are just a few:
- Canvassing - We do this regularly - and it's fun! Our campaigns include petitioning City Council on transit initiatives and surveys to assess the habits and attitudes of the people of Etobicoke. We always need more people to help us knock on doors and connect with the community!
- Researching - If you are interested in our current campaigns and would like to research for the benefit of public knowledge and information sharing, come on board! Whether this be in city planning, green infrastructure, the elections, etc. We would love to help you get your found knowledge out to the community!
- Social Media and Online Outreach - Would you like more experience or wish to share your own expertise when it comes to social media? If you are passionate about making viral online content that would help spread community action and related news, send us a shout!
- Event Planning/Hosting - Do you like to plan events? Do you have a space where you like hosting? We'd love to hear from you.
- Fundraising - If you have experience in this field and would like to help us gain financial support for our initiatives.
And this is just the start. If you feel you have other skills that can be utilized, like Graphic Design or Film-Making, we look forward to hearing from you!Become a volunteer